11 August 2011

One way ticket and the power of TSP

I've been reeling over the entire situation for a few weeks, clearly, but James said something the other day that completely hit me: when we get on that plane in December (in four months), we will be boarding with a one-way ticket. There's no return ticket here. We're off and going, for real. I've been getting tiny little lurches in my stomach thinking about this and what it means.

In getting my mind space ready, I've been thinking about our physical space and what needs to be done to clear out and pack. It all comes down to TSP. TSP is one of my family's favourite cleaning solutions. When we move into a new space, we always wash down the walls with TSP, even my lonely little rental apartments. When you clean the walls so thoroughly it makes a space truly your own. So in getting my personal space ready for this move, I'm going to be using T.S.P.: take, store, purge. If I'm not taking it and I don't feel like it's worth storing, then I must purge. We'll see what makes the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment