15 May 2012

I HAVE A BROTHER!

Hey! Did you know I have a brother? Yes! An honest-to-goodness real life little brother. I know, I'm as shocked as you are. I mean, I hadn't actually talked to him in five months, so I was starting to question his existence! Why haven't I talked to him in five months, you ask?! Beats me!

You see, I made sure, before I left Canada, that he and my parents each had a device that would be able to connect with us via FaceTime. So I thought we would have it all sorted with his iPhone. I mean, the kid has FaceTime and iMessage, both of which are free, so there's nothing stopping us, right? Apparently my younger brother leads such a busy and technophobic existence that making contact was incredibly difficult. I eventually forced a few iMessage conversations, but it wasn't really trucking along on the communication front.

Then I found out, through my parents (during a FaceTime conversation - they figured it out right away), that my brother was miffed at not being mentioned on this blog. Well, let me tell you, if you're not gonna contact your only sibling after she repeatedly emails and messages, well, you're not getting a mention until FaceTime happens. And that was my stance for a couple of months.

Thankfully my brother not only figured out how to use FaceTime, he also called me on it and we talked for nearly two hours! As pursuant to the terms of my grudge, Michael now gets a mention. And I've included some photos for everyone's amusement. Hopefully after this we are still talking. Hopefully on FaceTime.

Enjoy.

Poor Michael. I was trying to get a screen shot of our monumental FaceTime conversation, but he moved. Prior to this unfortunate image Michael had his head down (signing his tax forms) and looked like a person you would have coffee with...not someone you'd run from if they approached too fast.

Posing for a nice photo for mom (photo by James)

Michael and I on my wedding day (photo by the very amazing Lisa Marie)

Michael during his long hair phase which I adored.

And one of many photos where Michael attempts to deny that we are related. Matching shirts indicate otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment