9 May 2012

Salt: Now it's just ridiculous

I honestly didn't think I'd be writing another salt post any time soon. There's already a book on the market (which, coincidently, I have read and thoroughly enjoyed) and I've written extensively on the topic in two other riveting posts. What more could I add?

Well, how about this photo:


THAT is the amount of salt I had to buy for the dishwasher. I put it beside our other comically larger bottle of salt to help drive home the scale of 3kg of salt. 3kg of salt. That I carried home from the grocery store in a carrier bag (Tesco, as you can see from the label). Had I known when I left the house that I'd be bringing home all of the groceries and 3kg of salt, I'd have brought my trolley. What is up with the salt in this country?!

On the plus side, I was having a rather out of sorts day and when I realised that this was the only option for dishwasher salt I got to have a much-needed laugh in the aisle at the grocery store. Yeah, nothing off-putting about a girl staring at the salt, alone, and laughing.

So, I bought the salt and dragged it home. It was only then that I re-read the directions regarding the salt. You know, the ones I posted to the blog not a week earlier?? Yeah, apparently I was so stunned by the dishwasher-needs-salt issue that I misread how much salt was actually required. I have highlighted this for the convenience of the tl;dr crowd:

How did I miss that!?!

Anyway, now we are fully stocked up on salt and the dishwasher is once again happen. And I will endeavour to never discuss salt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment