10 May 2012

My parent's vacation starts tomorrow

Whew! I intended to sit down and ramble out a bunch of posts (not about salt), but the day is completely running away from me. I also meant to give the bathroom a good scrub and have a soak in the tub, but I'm seeing that opportunity fade away too. (Note: I was so overtaken with guilt that I actually got up and cleaned the bathroom, less the tub since we're actually out of tub and tile cleaner. Now I'm back to writing this post).

My parents are leaving on their epic month-long European vacation tomorrow and so I've spent the bulk of the day having WhatsApp conversations, Skype calls and emails to help them sort out all of their last minute questions. We've covered everything from my UK phone number and how to dial it, to what their insurance policies are like in the event that they should die while on vacation. Yeah, it's been that kind of day.

Their trip is a long time coming and it will see them travelling, at various times, with up to eight other life-long friends and family. It will also be their first trip to Europe. Ever. I'm pumped just to watch that all go down. I also get a front-row seat for part of it as I'll be meeting them in France and then staying with them through Paris and up to London. So expect posts from the French countryside and Paris later this month and into June! I can't wait to get back to Chazieux.


No comments:

Post a Comment