22 July 2011

Brass Tacks

Though I expect this will likely be the first place my mother looks when she wakes up every morning (once I finally tell her it exists), and will fuel my parents' insatiable need for more information about us, I have to imagine people who don't know me/us will stumble on by and maybe they'll have questions. Are you one of those people? Have you stumbled upon me neatly tapping away at the keyboard? If you are, here's some basic and not-so-basic info that might help:

  • My name is Katie, I'm nearly 30, and I'm Canadian
  • I have spent a grand total of five days in England prior to December 2011
  • Through my husband (British citizen) and my own interests, I have a basic understanding of British culture, garnered almost entirely from Fawlty Towers, Little Britain, Spaced and anything done by Sue Perkins and Giles Coren that Canadian Broadcast Services deem fit to share with us on Canadian airwaves (and some that they don't...)
  • Until December 2011, I work in a sweets shop
  • My educational background is Classical Studies and Visual Arts (I'm heaps of fun in museums!)
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy really are  meal unto themselves
So there you have it! This is likely worth expanding in the future, but for now, I'm sure this will suffice!

No comments:

Post a Comment