27 July 2011

Top Five Tuesday: Food Edition

I thought it might be fun to keep a little running list of the Top Five topics related to the move. Some completely ridiculous and some totally conceivable. Like this one, for instance, this one is entirely reasonable: the Top Five Foods I'm Looking Forward to Eating More of in England!

1. Clotted Cream: this stuff is incredible and we will buy it from time to time, but it's imported, not so fresh and expensive. I can't wait to get my hands on some fresh clotted cream!!

2. Fish and Chips: self explanatory....I love fish and chips! The one portion I ate during my only other trip to London was not enough. I can't wait to hunt down a killer fish and chips.

3. British Sweets: ok, this is sorta cheating since I have access to a pretty awesome selection through my job right now, but there's so much more to British sweets that I'm looking forward to exploring and revisiting. Is it wrong that I want to position us geographically near a local confectionery so that I can keep my fix close at hand? Yeah...I might have a problem...

4. Curry: prior to meeting James, I didn't eat curry. I had a host of other culinary experiences, but curry never made it onto my radar. In fact, I didn't like curry for a long time after we met and I didn't have the heart to tell his kind, good looking man who kept making me dinner....so it happens that I learned to like curry. It's a good thing too, from what James tells me....he makes it seem as though that's all we'll be eating, but I suspect that's just wishful thinking on his part. For my part, I'm just eager for a few new curry experiences.

5. Monster Munch: if our friend Helen is to be believed, this is ambrosia for British people. I'll hold off on judging this one until I've sampled a few flavours, but let's just say, expectations are pretty high given all the praise and glory Helen has been heaping on this for years. I'll keep you posted.

So yeah, there we go....a Top Five Tuesday theme! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I am a British guy living in Ottawa, so this is kinda role reversal!! Really interesting hearing your take on my country, and I am sure you'll both have a great time over the pond. There's a ton o differences (trust me here!!!!), but this makes it all the better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete