25 July 2011

An eye-spy just for me

When this whole "move to London" event was just a dangling carrot for some far-away possibility, it was March. I remember this because we were preparing to leave for the airport while simultaneously downloading the job descriptions and requirements. We were headed to Vancouver to see good friends and family and now we had a sixteen page document to read on the way. If you know me at all, you'll know then, that once there was a remote chance of such an event taking place, I jumped on it and let it occupy my day-dreaming. This is nothing new. I fuel my day dreams with all sorts of themes and story lines, nearly all of which are as tangible as steam from a kettle. Regardless of where I am or what I'm doing, even if I am at my most content, I am always day dreaming of something else. It isn't a "grass is greener" phenomenon, it's the dialogue to the book I have in my head that I maintain simply for my own amusement.

Given all this, you can only imagine what sort of fodder a London job posting would provide! And then, as if preordained (in my head), this image appeared in my news reader.

Designed by Nick Prints, this is an adorable diagram of all that London has to offer. Can you believe that my mind immediately decided, "yes, well, better add a star to this reader item so that I can go back to it when I'm ready to write a blog post about it in my "moving to London" blog." See? Always dreaming and thinking and producing my own internal storyline. It was like my own personal sign that our move was already decided and we just had to wait out the details. Ok, well, not quite. I'm not nearly that much of a hippy...or any part of a hippy at all, really. But still, how much of a delightful coincidence to hear about the job posting and have this arrive less than a week later to further taunt me.

Anyway, as it stands, I really do adore this print and just might have to pick up a copy for myself once we arrive (I refuse to pay to ship something to Canada that I'm only going to have to drag back to the UK, even something as tiny as this). Then, I figure, I can go about using this as my checklist of what one should most certainly do whilst in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment