28 October 2011

Crying

It's getting to that point for me and for my family that this move is real. I found myself crying at the most random and, let's face it, inconvenient times this week. My mother asks every day how many days I have left in Canada (she knows I'm using a tracking app to watch the days tick away). She's at the point where she's getting tearful just thinking about it and talking on the phone.

Then I have mornings like this one where I wonder why on Earth I'm crying. This is going to be fun. Better than fun. Amazing. And life-changing. And exciting. Crying is for sad things (mostly). This isn't a sad thing. The people in my life will still be there...I'll just have to work harder to connect with them. I've gotten some practice as of late in connecting with someone further afield than my own city or province. It's been very eye-opening to me that I can maintain a fulfilling friendship and a meaningful connection with someone on the other side of the country. I'm glad to have this friendship and know that even further distance won't disrupt this rhythm. That gives me hope for all those friendships I'm scared of losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment