31 October 2011

Working Weekend

We spent the bulk of this weekend running around, taking care of those little things that needed attention. Aside from some actual job-related to-do items, there was no end to the mountain of chores that had to be dealt with around the house. During the "heat wave" today we were able to tackle the yard clean up. I'm pretty aggressive at the best of times when it comes to cleaning out at the end of the season, but this year I made sure to go just a little deeper. I feel like I just have to assume that the people we're going to be renting to won't care for gardening and that I'll be back at square one with all those invasive plants when we return.

It seems now as though renting the house has turned a corner and will be a far less painful process than I had imagined. I'm waiting to see how it all turns out, but at the very least, we might have found a property manager we can trust and feel confident that we'll return to our house in *almost* the same condition. We did a little staging of the house to get some photos while the light was good. I trust this guy to know how to rent a house, but I think James and I could both agree that we didn't want to leave the photos to chance when they can place such a crucial role in getting someone to give the ad consideration.

Tomorrow is also our last Halloween for a while. Yes, yes, I've been told that England does Halloween, but let's be honest, it won't be the same. And I won't be packing up my extra-amazing Halloween decorations, so I'll be two years without strobe lights, smoke machines, misters and the other spooky accessories I've collected. So Halloween may exist, but it won't be my Halloween and I'll adapt to, and embrace, the ersatz version next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment