13 April 2012

A little audio from Brighton Beach

I'm usually a scent-driven person, but since moving I've been really into the sounds of my new surroundings and adventures. I thought it might be interesting to add some audio to the blog. Mostly just stuff that I record using my iPhone as I'm wandering about. Nothing splashy and certainly no spoken word...I'm not spending that much time alone. Yet.

This is my test-run with an audio recording I took while James and I were at Brighton Beach in February. If this doesn't entirely cock up, I have a bunch more I'd like to post. As added pressure, I'm on a train headed for Scotland when this is scheduled to post, so that's definitely tempting fate to have this backfire. Or be entirely all too brilliant. We'll see.



When we were at the beach it hit me how the waves make a noise similar to those hokey rain stick thingies as they're receding from the rocks. I liked it so much I wanted to record it, but only had my iPhone. So that's what I'm doing now. Recording the world on my iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. Where in Scotland are you going? Olivia and I were there in November, so we may be able to provide recommendations if you're looking for any...

    ReplyDelete